Interpace Diagnostics (NASDAQ: IDXG) was up 31% pre-market this morning on strong Q1 earnings.
Highlights from the Q117 earnings results:
- Revenue increased to $3.5 million
- Income from operations increased to $1.9 million
- Total assets grew by $5.2 million while total liabilities decreased by over $12 million
- Total stockholders’ equity grew by over $18 million
Looking at IDXG’s chart, we see the stock gapping up on the earnings results and two previous breakouts at the end of March and the middle of April.
Both times, the chart gap-filled, but we see investors can move in quickly causing the stock to break out strong.
Closing at $2.73 on May 15, the stock is above the 50 Day Moving Average and crossed over the 200 Day Moving Average during the course of the trading session.
IDXG develops and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests for better patient diagnosis and management.
The company currently has three commercialized molecular tests;
- PancraGen for the diagnosis and prognosis of pancreatic cancer from pancreatic cysts;
- ThyGenX for the diagnosis of thyroid cancer from thyroid nodules utilizing a next generation sequencing process;
- ThyraMIR for the diagnosis of thyroid cancer from thyroid nodules utilizing a proprietary gene expression process.
IDXG has been driving its business forward announcing three major milestones recently:
- New data on PancraGEN® presented at Digestive Disease Week (DDW) (see full release)
- UnitedHealthcare agreeing to cover IDXG’s ThyraMIR test for all of its members nationwide (see full release)
- Receiving a patent from the European Patent Office covering the underlying technology of its ThyraMIR® microRNA Classifier (see full release)
IDXG is led by a seasoned management team with experience growing and managing companies in healthcare and biotech.
Jack Stover, President and CEO
Mr. Stover has been Chief Executive Officer of Zebec Therapeutics LLC (“Zebec”) since April 2014. Zebec is the successor to Quadrant Pharmaceuticals LLC, which Mr. Stover co-founded and was President and Director of from September 2013. Mr. Stover has been a Director and Chairman of the Audit Committee of PDI, Inc., a public company since 2005. From 2009 to February 2012, Mr. Stover served as the executive chairman of Targeted Nano Therapeutics LLC, a privately held biotechnology company focused on targeted delivery of peptides and proteins.
Greg Richard, SVP Commercial Services
Greg Richard, Sr. Vice President of PDI, Inc. and SVP of Commercial Services at Interpace Diagnostics, has been in the healthcare business for over 25 years in various industries including managed care, biotech pharmaceuticals, CRO services, and diagnostics.
Dr. Syd Finkelstein, Chief Scientific Officer
Dr. Finkelstein is a board certified pathologist specializing in gastrointestinal pathology with extensive experience in molecular diagnostics. He is the Adjunct Professor of Pathology, Drexel University on the faculty of Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA. He is the founder of RedPath Integrated Pathology, which was acquired by Interpace Diagnostics in 2014.
Dr. Sara A. Jackson, VP of Clinical Development
Dr. Jackson has 15 years of experience in biomedical research and development. She has been an integral part of both the research and development and medical affairs teams for a variety of pharmaceutical and diagnostics companies, translating biomedical research into viable commercial products.
Dr. Christina M. Narick, VP of Pathology
As the Vice President of Pathology for Interpace Diagnostics, Dr. Narick provides interpretation and diagnosis of both cytology and molecular cases in Interpace Diagnostics’ state-of-the-art, CLIA-certified, and CAP-accredited laboratory.
Continue to watch IDXG as it further commercializes its diagnostic tests and makes more progress on implementing its business plan.
We saw how investors reacted positively to the earnings results, and the next indicator will be to see how investors react to the earnings conference call where further information and guidance may be shared.
Disclosure: We have no position in IDXG and have not been compensated for this article.